Seiten

7/04/2013

Cambie Dress No 3

My third Cambie dress is finished, and I already wore it out for dinner. Pictures of the other two versions are here and here.

The fabric is a buttery soft voile by Anna Maria Horner from her Little Folks collection. It's Baby Bouquet in Sweet. I just love her designs!!!

The construction of this dress was, as all Sewaholic patterns, very easy and straightforward. Did I mention that I am a big fan of Sewaholic patterns. I just finished the Lonsdale dress (blog post to follow) and have the Cordova Jacket pattern waiting in my pattern stash.




Here the back. Those wrinkles look weird, it must be the way I am standing. And the dress is a bit wrinkly because I had worn it once out and then it was hanging in my slightly stuffed closet.

I made a size 6 straight out of the envelope. No alterations needed.



My dress form modeling it. The fabric was a pleasure to work with. Especially thanks to my straight stitch needle plate and foot. 



Another back view.



I lined the dress with china silk which a bought at Dharma Trading. My new go to lining for about everything. 



I hand stitched the lining to the shell at the waistband with a slip stitch.



All seams of the skirt but the back seam are done in french seams. I bound the back seam which holds the zipper with Hug Snug rayon seam binding. This red is the only color I have. Gotta order other colors like black and white.


Keine Kommentare: