Hawthorn Dress in Chambray

My second attempt with the Hawthorn Dress by Colette Patterns. I blogged about my first version here.

The fabric is Chambray in Eggplant by Andover Fabrics.

I finished the facing with rayon seam binding. The waist and side seams are serged. The hem is a hand stitched blind hem.

A close up of the neckline. As with the first version I didn't use interfacing in the collar. The buttons are from JoAnn's.


Some baskets and pouches

Last weekend was all about bags. Saturday was just cutting out new projects. All in all I got around to cut out two dresses, one cardigan, and the following three pouches/bags/basket.

The first one is the Divided Basket by Noodlehead.
The fabric is some leftover from my first Anna dress, and the lining is red Chambray. Also leftover from a dress I yet have to blog about.
I used Pellon SF101 and Fusible Fleece 987F for the main body and the divider.

This is a very easy and quick make. I love the basket and will make more for sure. This one will be used for books.

Version #2, without strap
Fabric: Meadow by Leah Duncan

The pattern comes with clear step-by-step instructions.
Next on my list is version #3, which is the biggest of the three wallets.


Pocket for cell phone on the back

The inside has nine card slots, and three slots for cash etc.

Free pattern by Noodlehead

Fabric is from my older sisters stash
I used ByAnnie's Soft and Stable for the first time in these projects and really like it.


Paper Pieced Pillow

This is my first paper piecing project. A pillow case for my youngest nephew. My plan for this year is to make one for each of my nephews/ niece for their birthdays. Of course a different picture for each. 

The pattern is from the website Fandom in Stitches. 
This particular pattern can be found here 

I enlarged the original pattern by 25%, and I am glad I did. It is the perfect size for a pillow. And I can't even imagine how much fiddly work it must be in the original size. This was bad enough. 

I am really glad I tried out paper piecing. It is a lot of fun to create pictures like this one. In the beginning I had a couple of pieces I had to throw away, because I started out correctly and then put on one piece the wrong way. It took a bit to get the hang of thinking upside down. But once I got it, it went really fast.

The rest of the pillow is pieced with leftover fabric from the picture. I am really happy that my nephew loves his new pillow. Four more to go! 

 I also have several ideas with a pillow for myself, a tote, a mini quilt, and the list goes on :)