The capri pants are from the 04/2013 issue of Burda Style Magazine. I still have to figure out my sizes in Burda patterns. I made these in a size 40. They are a bit wide, but very comfy.
The top I am wearing is Simplicity 1716 in view E without sleeves. The fabric is a structured knit I picked up last year at Denver Fabrics.
Here a back view. The top is a very easy quick project, and I love the draped front neckline. There is really not much more to say about this top.
So far I made three pairs of these capri pants. This is actually the third one. I had some leftover fabric from the border print I used in the last skirt of this post. My initial plan was to make it completely in the plain fabric, but there was just enough fabric left to squeeze in the legs. So I ended up using the border print (which is actually embroidery not print) as the waistband. And as it turns out I love it.
All seams are serged.
This is the back waistband
And the front waistband
Here a detail of my first ever used piping
This was the first pair I made. The fabric was leftover from a pair or Thurlow Trousers I made. (blog post to follow) Brown piping.
And another pair, again from leftover fabric of a pair or Thurlow Trousers. White piping.
I do love that they have a side zipper instead of the front fly. But I miss pockets. Besides that this is the perfect pair of pants for summer, since I am not a fan of shorts.