Seiten

10/12/2012

Lisette Continental Blouse and Skirt

A couple of months back I bought this pattern at JoAnn's for $0.99. Great deal!

 I have six Lisette patterns, and I love the pictures on the front of all of them, but it seems that somehow they don't really work for me. It could of course be that I don't have the fitting right. Usually I can make a straight size 12 with all Simplicity patterns and they fit. But not these ones. It's just that they somehow turn out to look boxy on me. The blouses/tops that is. The two Lisette skirts I made so far are great.




The skirt is perfect and I like the seams on the front and back side. This time around I used a very simple cotton twill, but as you can see on the envelope front, the seams at the front and back side give a nice opportunity to play with prints. Next time I will take advantage of that. And there will be a next time for sure! It is such an easy and quick skirt project and the fit is perfect. I wish I could say the same about the top. The fabric is a cotton lawn from the Lisette collection at JoAnn's. It is so boxy, and even thou I used this very light cotton lawn, it sticks out at the back a lot. Maybe I just have to make it a size smaller.


Back view (obviously) 


Here is a close up of the gathers at the lower back.




3 Kommentare:

Meg the Grand hat gesagt…

I don't know if it would work, but maybe if you spritz with water and throw in the dryer, it might soften up the boxyness? I love the print, and the back gathering is such a fun detail!

Kathrin Hain hat gesagt…

Thanks for the tip. I tried it and it helped a little. The blouse seems softer.

prttynpnk hat gesagt…

I love these patterns too, but always have some fit issues- I think I'm a little big for their demographic! I've founf that if I make this top in a silky material, I'm pleased, but otherwise it does feel very boxy. LOve your fabric combinations for this!