Seiten

4/28/2012

Two projects finally finished

This week I was able to finish two projects, that where lingering around here. First on is the Cabo Halter from Amy Butler. For the fabric I chose Cotton Sateen from the Lisette Fall 2011 collection. It's the same as the fabric from my Lisette Continental Dress, just another color.


Amy Butler Cabo Halter


Here is another closer look at the overlapping neckline. I decided to go with the more modest version and topstitched the two parts together to prevent gaping. Which it does anyway. I don't know what I could've made different to prevent it.




Amy Butler Cabo Halter


And here is my absolute favorite dress I've made so far. I soooo love the fabric. A very soft cotton voile with a white cotton lawn. The instructions call for 1/2 inch seam allowance and don't really say what to do in regards of how to finish the seam when sewing with such delicate fabric. I decided to go with french seams, although I forgot that for a moment and finished the shoulder seams with my serger, bad mistake! It isn't too bad, but still! For the waist seam and the armhole seams I decided to make bias binding out of the voile and enclose the raw seams with it. I finished it yesterday and it worked pretty well. I have to admit that I couldn't wait until I got time to enclose those last seams before wearing it and worn it already twice, ergo the wrinkles.


Favorite Things Patterns Prairie Girl Dress in Joel Dewberry Voile Front

Close up of the front.

Favorite Things Patterns Prairie Girl Dress in Joel Dewberry Voile Detail

 Backview

Favorite Things Patterns Prairie Girl Dress in Joel Dewberry Voile Back

Keine Kommentare: