Seiten

8/10/2014

Licorice Dress by Colette Patterns and more fabric

Long time no posting! 

Sorry about my absence here on the blog. I had a friend from Germany visiting for four weeks. We went on a road trip to Zion National Park, Grand Canyon, and Horseshoe Bend. The time went by way too fast! Now I am back in full swing sewing gifts for my niece and nephews, and trying to catch up on my never ending list of projects.

I also got some new fabric in the meantime:

Far Far Away II FQB by Heather Ross


 Indelible FQB by Katarina Roccella


 Indelible knit on the left, the other two are from Girl Charlee


 Peach Skin from Girl Charlee


 Pretty Potent FQB by Anna Maria Horner



But now for the dress review. I made this dress over a year ago and for some reason never got around writing about it. It's the Licorice dress from Colette Patterns. It is one of five patterns from their book The Colette Sewing Handbook



Pattern Description:
The full sleeves gathered with elastic at the cuffs are so pretty and flattering. I don’t know why, but their proportions just seem to make your waist look smaller somehow. The lack of waist seam makes this particularly forgiving for those of us without tiny waists (ahem). The collar is tucked at the shoulders, so that it pinches into a sort of draped effect, almost like a cowl. (from their website)
 
Pattern Sizing:
Bust 33" - 46", I made 34" (Size 2)
 
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes, just without the collar and sleeves
 
Were the instructions easy to follow?
As always with Colette patterns well written and easy to follow instructions
 
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I am not too fond of the collar and the puffy sleeves.
 
Fabric Used:
Main fabric: Silk Crepe
Lining fabric: Silk/Cotton blend
 
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I omitted the sleeves and collar
 
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes! I made already two more
 
Conclusion: 
I absolutely love this dress. Very easy shift dress that doesn't require a lot of fabric.

Keine Kommentare: