Seiten

6/12/2013

Miette Skirt

Quite some time since my last blog post. I was in a bit of a hole and didn't feel like sewing, but now I am back with my version of the Miette Skirt. Tilly from Tilly and the Buttons designed the cute and easy to make Miette Skirt. After I saw quite a few beautiful versions of this pattern I had to get my hands on it. 

The fabric is some kind of poly chiffon, but I really have no idea. Because it was sheer I interlined it with poly silk or something. Again, no clue. I just know it is very lightweight and flowy. The Blouse is from Burda Magazine 04/2013. More on that further down.



The Miette Skirt is a very easy and quick pattern, as long as one doesn't want to make it in chiffon that is!



 I used French Seams throughout. The little white patch on the waistband is fusible interfacing. I cut into the fabric while trimming the seam allowance of the waistband. Stupid me! Luckily it is on the inside.



 The blouse is from Burda Magazine 04/2013. Here the picture from the issue and the technical drawing.


I really love most of the patterns in the Burda magazines, but it is a pain in the butt to trace them. Especially because they don't add the seam allowances. Really, how hard would it be to include them in the patterns? And the other thing is the stupid instructions. Those Burda instructions are really not meant for beginners. One should have at least basic knowledge about garment constructions. The have a whole long paragraph about how to understitch the seam allowance of the facing, but I couldn't for the life of me not figure out how to pleat those sleeves. I ended up just ease them in there with some gathering stitches. 



I bought the fabric at Hancock. It is some lightweight cotton. This picture shows how sheer the fabric is. Not too sheer though.



I wish instead of photographing their models in some weird poses they could rather show more details of the garments to help for the construction. It took me a while to understand how the tie thing was meant. The ties are a little bit too low. The left front should hit the corner to prevent the front from gaping. Which mine does because I placed it too low. This was my first Burda pattern for a top, and I think I can go down a size. This is a 38, but it is quite big on me.





Keine Kommentare: