Seiten

3/11/2013

Abbey Coat

Here is my take on the Abbey Coat by Jamie Christina Patterns.



I made version A. The fabric is a wool blend from fabric.com. It was on sale and I initially bought it to make a muslin to check the fit. I was a little shocked about the intensity of the color when it first arrived, but it turned out to look awesome once it was finished. I made a size 8 and the fit is perfect. I can easily wear a sweater underneath with enough room to move. The only thing I changed was the length of the sleeves. Who the hell needs 3/4 sleeves on a winter coat??????




The buttons are from JoAnn Fabric.



By the way, I am also wearing my Thurlow Trousers. The fabric is from JoAnn Fabrics. A pinstripe suiting fabric with a very soft touch and wonderful drape.



I lined the coat with grey Ambiance Bemberg. I didn't interface the flounce. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow, with lots of pictures. It involved quite a bit of sewing by hand, but the outcome is totally worth it.



3 Kommentare:

Joanne hat gesagt…

Great jacket! I have a question, did you lengthen the sleeves? If so did you have to make the cuffs more narrow?

Kathrin Hain hat gesagt…

Thank you, Joanne! I did lenghten the sleeves, but didn't change anything on the cuffs.

L hat gesagt…

I am making this coat and wanted to know if the c get front extends beyond the edge of the flounce. It makes sense, but the illustration doesn't suggest so. it looks as if the edge of the flounce should be flush with the edge of the center front. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Your coat is very lovely.