Seiten

3/17/2013

Messenger Bag

I was looking around for a nice Messenger Bag pattern, but I didn't really like any of the patterns I found. They don't seem to make messenger bags with inside pockets. But then I found the Lola Bea Diaper Bag from Sew Much Ado. I immediately thought it would make the perfect Messenger Bag. And I also had found the perfect project for 1000 Cranes fabric by Rashida Coleman Hale I fell in love with a couple weeks ago. An ode to New Mexico! 

The Sandhill Crane flies south for the winter. In their wintering areas they form flocks of over 10,000 birds. One place to observe this is at Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge, 100 miles south of Albuquerque, New Mexico. There is an annual Sandhill Crane Festival in November.


I extended the front flap and skipped the ruffles (I don't like ruffles), since I was going for a messenger bag look. I also lengthened the strap a couple of inches.


Another thing I would like to add if I was going to make the bag again is a zipper pocket on the front under the flap.


 And maybe another one on the back.


 Here the inside. A lot of pockets so stuff doesn't just fly around in there. It easily fits a laptop in there.


Keine Kommentare: