Seiten

4/20/2014

Hawthorn Dress by Colette Patterns

This pattern was on my wishlist for a long time, so I was very happy to find it under the Christmas tree. I was visiting my older sister and her family on Bainbridge Island, WA over Christmas/New Years, and  they have a very nice fabric shop where I found this most amazing Italian Cotton on sale. I knew right away it would be perfect for this dress. It is lightweight with a beautiful drape. It is a black and purple herringbone weave. It shimmers differently depends on which way one looks at it. Very tough to photograph.

It looks good with petticoat...



...and without. Although I prefer the petticoat look.



The only change I made is I didn't interface the collar. Otherwise I made a size 2 without any alterations.



 All seams besides the waist seam are finished with black rayon seam binding. The waist seam is serged. I forgot why I didn't use the seam binding here as well.



Pattern Description: 
A semi-circle skirt provides volume without the extra bulk of pleats or gathers at your waist, so you get a clean, streamlined look that's still beautifully feminine. The bodice is fitted with waist darts, while still providing just enough room to keep things comfortable.

Pattern Sizing:
0 - 18 (Bust 33" - 46")
I made a size 2 according to my bust measurement and it fits perfectly.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Very thorough and easy to follow instructions. They also offer a Sew-Along

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Nothing to dislike about this pattern

Fabric Used:
Italian Cotton in purple/black, lightweight, very nice drape

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I didn't interface the collar

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I did already sew it again, and I highly recommend this pattern.

Conclusion: 
Love this dress!

On my playlist




2 Kommentare:

Unknown hat gesagt…

I love your version of the Hawthorne dress. Great fabric and the inside of the dress looks so well done. I have this pattern and plan to make it this summer.

Kathrin Hain hat gesagt…

Thank you! I highly recommend this pattern. I think all the Colette patterns are very well drafted, and I love that they offer sew-alongs.