I feel honored to be nominated for a Liebster Award by Carrie from Crafted by Carrie. Thank you so much!
People actually read my blog?? It feels great to be part of the sewing blog world.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
- Thank Carrie
- Answer her question
- Nominate a few small-ish blogs for the award (the recommended number of blogs seems to vary dramatically as well as how many followers constitutes a ‘small’ blog)
- Submit questions for them to answer in a post
What is your favorite garment you’ve made?
This is a tough one since I've made so many dresses I love. But the one piece I am proud of the most is my Alabama Chanin Style Reverse Applique Top. Blogged here.
It took many hours of hand stitching, and to think that I made it literally by hand makes me think of it as my one couture piece.
Do your friends/family know about your blog?
Yes, they do. And I never get tired to pester them with the newest update by posting it to my Facebook wall :)
What’s your biggest pet peeve?
A lunging line not hung up correctly and the dish soap on the kitchen counter.
Share 5 things about yourself that others probably don’t know.
1. I rarely make my bed in the mornings
2. I used to paint on silk as a teenager
3. I daydream about being a singer
4. I tap danced for three years when I was a teen
5. I can shoot a bow and throw knives
What is your favorite period in fashion, and why?
That would be the 50's with all their petticoat and circle skirt goodness.
What personal accomplishment are you most proud of and why?
I am most proud of my masters degree in horse training. So many people along the way told me I could never get there. That I wasn't good enough and didn't have any talent. Luckily I found people who believed in me and saw some talent, and helped me to train and work hard to reach that goal.
What three things would you buy first if you won the lottery?
1. A horse property with indoor and outdoor arena, big fields, and modern barns.
2. The new Bernina 780 or 880.
3. Lots of Rainforest, that nobody can chop it down anymore.
What quality in a friend is most important to you, and why?
Honesty. No relationship can work if it is build upon lies. Honesty is a foundation for trust. The worst thing is to find out to have been lied to. Another thing would be respect (if I may mention two important things). Again, a relationship without respect for each other just doesn't work. With everything it works both ways. If only one person puts these things in it will fall apart eventually.
1.What do you most like to sew, and why?
2. What is your favorite period in fashion, and why?
3. Name one guilty pleasure of yours.
4. What is your favorite music, and do you play an instrument, what do you listen to while sewing?
5. Name three of your favorite books.
6. Share 5 things about yourself that others probably don't know.
7. Share your favorite quote/ poem.
8. What accomplishment in sewing are you most proud of?
1. Zibergirl sews
2. Stitched up from the start