Seiten

3/03/2014

Fitted Tunic/ Mini Dress Alabama Chanin Style

My finished Fitted Tunic/ Mini Dress in Alabama Chanin Style. The pattern is from the book 'Alabama Studio Sewing & Design'. I highly recommend it if you like this style and hand stitching. 

I made the basic version without any embellishment. Just a double layer of pink cotton interlock jersey from my stash. I am doing some serious stash busting here. It is a test version to check the size and fit. This is a size M in tunic length, but I think it works just fine as summer dress.



I am not sure if the wrinkles in the front seam are caused by using too much tension in the seam. Well, it is still wearable.



The same is going on on the lower end of the side seam. Practice, practice, practice!
It was surprisingly fast to assemble this tunic. Not much to say about the pattern. I have read some reviews of the Alabama Chanin pattern where people complain about the low neckline. That doesn't apply to me. I see no problem there. I must have some lucky build. I hardly ever have to change any pattern.



My cretan stitch to attach the binding is getting more even, so yay!



Here another close up of the binding. 



Pattern Description:
Fitted top in different lengths - shirt, tunic, mini dress, long dress.
From the book 'Alabama Chanin Studio Sewing & Design'
 
Pattern Sizing:
S, M, L, XL
I made a size M
 
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes
 
Were the instructions easy to follow?
The book give very clear instructions. All the techniques are explained very clear and thoroughly.
 
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I love all the patterns from the book. Some people complain about the low neckline, I don't.
 
Fabric Used:
Cotton Interlock Jersey
 
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
No changes
 
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
This is a test version without any embellishments. I will sew this again with stenciling etc. I recommend it.



Keine Kommentare: