Seiten

5/28/2012

My Renfrew Tops

I just ordered three patterns from Sewaholic, and absolutely LOVE them!! I cannot recommend them enough! First patterns I tried was the Renfrew Top. This is my first try. The fabric is Rayon-Jersey. It's also the first time that I worked with this kind of fabric, and it wasn't all that bad. It took me a while to find the straight, and I had to be careful while pinning because of its lightweight, but in the end it turned out quite well. But I don't think I will use this kind of fabric again for this top. It is just too flimsy. And this was meant to be a wearable muslin anyway.

Sewaholic Renfrew Top


According to the pattern envelope I would be an 8, but because I was using stretch knit I cut out a size 6 and it fits perfectly. My second try is from Organic Cotton Jersey. Thicker than the Rayon Jersey, a breeze to sew with and very comfortable to wear. There is already some Cotton Jersey in dark blue and Tencel Jersey in gray waiting in my stash to become a Renfrew Top.

Sewaholic Renfrew Top

Keine Kommentare: