Seiten

3/30/2012

What I am sewing with


I got my first sewing machine August 25th 2011. A Brother CS600i. I started with sewing bags, placemats, purses etc.

Brother CS600i

I liked this machine a lot, but after five months of intense use the stitches started to be a little whacky. I brought it to the local sewing machine service, which is also a Bernina dealer. Turns out I was using the wrong bobbins, which was not the issue, but still not great. And they where right "You get what you pay for"
And since I am totally hooked to garment sewing and would like to have good quality sewing my own wardrobe I allowed them to talk me in buying a used Bernina 140 Patchwork Edition. It's truly an awesome machine!

Bernina 140 Patchwork Edition

After sewing some skirts and dresses I thought to myself how nice it would be to have a serger. Two weeks ago I found one on Craigslist for a really good price and went for it. 
Singer 14J334

Singer 14J334 Serger

And this is how my sewing area looks like. It's small, but it works for me.


Keine Kommentare: