Seiten

1/22/2014

My Giant Vintage Star Quilt

The pattern for this quilt is from In Color Order by Jeni Baker. You can find the free tutorial here. After I found a bunch of really nice Giant Vintage Star Quilts in her Flickr Group.

My sister made one of these quilts and it inspired me to make one too. I needed a cuddle blanket for watching movies.




The fabric is Dowry by Anna Maria Horner. I used this Fat Quarter Bundle. The piecing of the top and back was a matter of an afternoon. It went together so quickly, and uses less fabric than one would think.



The backing fabric is cuddle minky in purple. The back shows nicely how I quilted it. Just straight lines left and right of the long straight joining seams. It was done within an afternoon, including the binding. I used the leftover stripes to cut the binding.



I love this quilt. It is so amazingly soft and cuddly. 



2 Kommentare:

Kirsten hat gesagt…

This is beautiful - love the fabrics! I have made a few quilts using this pattern and they are quite straight forward to do - such a great pattern!

Kathrin Hain hat gesagt…

Thank you, Kirsten. I love the pattern, and there will be more of these in my future :)