Seiten

12/08/2013

In the making

A quick view of the two projects I am currently working on:

First one is the Cooper Bag from Colette Patterns. I love this version in waxed canvas.



I bought the kit from their new online shop Gifts for Crafters 
I like that the pattern offers three different takes on the bag. My first go will be version 1, the messenger bag.



So far I have finished the lining and the strap. I am still waiting for the tailors clapper to arrive so I can press the waxed canvas. As usual, Colette Patterns has excellent instructions. They also have a sew-along for all three versions of the bag on their blog. I am looking forward taking this bag with me on my Christmas vacation.



The second project is this wrap dress from Burda:



I made it before in the short version with cap sleeves. The fabric I am using is a dark purple strech poly silk charmeuse. 

I would have loved this fabric from Mood Fabrics
 Silk Crepe de Chine in crushed berry, but it was slightly out of my budget. Maybe next time.





Why am I making this dress? Because I can!


Keine Kommentare: