Seiten

2/18/2013

My first Petticoat

Just finished my first Petticoat. I used this tutorial by Sugardale. Thanks for posting!
 Here is a picture of the work in progress. Almost done gathering and pinning 8 yards of Tulle to a 4 yard strip. I bought the Tulle at Joann's for $1.49/yard. Next time I want to use Cotton Crinoline. But first I need a break from making Petticoats. It is just straight sewing, but for yards on end!



I do love the result thou. It was worth all the kneeling on the floor and gathering yard after yard. I used my newly bought used Walking Foot for this, and I have to say, I don't know how I made it so far without one. The straight stitch plate helped a lot too.



The pictures turned out too yellowish. Sorry for that. The Petticoat is actually really white.



The only thing I changed from the tutorial is the closure. The tutorial calls for hook and eyes. But I used snap buttons instead. It feels more closed that way :)


Keine Kommentare: