Seiten

2/21/2014

New Fabric and some thoughts about knits

 Some of my new fabric. First up Anna Maria Horner Hand Drawn Garden Fat Quarter Bundle. She is one of my absolute favorite fabric designers. Aren't those colors just beautiful?



 This is a bundle of fabrics I got from my older sister for my birthday last year. Heather Ross prints. Again one of my all time favorite designers. (the pigeon wasn't part of the present, and isn't Heather Ross either) The solid is a Shot Cotton Fat Quarter. Almost a year in my stash now and I still didn't find the perfect project for these treasures. It has to be very special.



Wee Wander by Sarah Jane
Oh, how I love these prints. I couldn't wait until I finally had the Fat Quarter Bundle. With the matching solids. And they even added a Mini Lucky Charms pack to my order for free.



 I found these wonderful jerseys at Girl Charlee. They have so many beautiful jerseys for really good prices. These two are super soft and flowy jerseys. Perfect for some skater dresses.

Which brings me right to my thoughts about knits. When I started sewing I read a lot of online tutorials, and how-to's, and such. And I thought sewing with knits must be some very hard super special task. 

IT IS NOT!!!!!

It is very easy, and I don't understand why there is so much fuss out there about sewing with knits. I think in some ways it is even easier than sewing with some kind of woven fabrics. All there is to it is a ball point needle, and a walking foot would be very good, but not necessary. But don't most sewing machines come with a walking foot? My super cheap brother had one, and I know Janome includes it. Not all Bernina's have one included, but if one spends the money on a Bernina the walking foot really is the smallest expense. Just saying! Don't let 'em scare you!






Keine Kommentare: